Cantanker, after fourteen printed issues of themed interviews, artist projects and other “bizarre and interesting things” has called it quits with an email of thanks from the editors, and a last-minute sales pitch for the box set of all fourteen issues for only $40, even as they announced that all back issues are now online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your copy. The announcement was hardly unexpected; last December, the magazine put out its last issue, titled “The End,” along with an exhibition at Big Medium, its nonprofit parent, juried by the Austin art shakers and Cantanker founders Sean Gaulager (Executive Director/Curator of Co-Lab Projects), Shea Little (founder and Co-Director of Big Medium), John Mulvany (artist and art program head at the Khabele School), and Debra Broz (artist and Acting Director at Pump Project Arts Complex).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015