Book your reservations now to attend the third biennial Texans for the Arts Arts Advocacy Day in Austin. The day’s events include a breakfast rally, advocacy training, and Capitol visits to elected officials. Contact your representatives’ staffers and schedule your visits that day between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Texans for the Arts will provide “talking points” and other helpful information to throw at your legislators.
After the lobbying, the weekend-long art boost continues with the State of the Arts Conference: Strategies for Success to be held January 31 – February 1, 2013 at the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, 701 East 11th Street. Hosted by the Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) and the Texas Cultural Trust, the conference aims to disseminating ideas and information important to what they somewhat ominously term the “Texas Arts Industry”.
Registration for the two-day conference is $75, and you can throw in the TFA Arts Advocacy Day for just $10 more! $85.00 to register for both events!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015