Next Friday and Saturday, representatives from Houston area schools and big local arts orgs confer to create successful partnership programs that aim to elevate student achievement through art. The two-day conference will highlight best practices for such collaborative programs, share research and describe successful partnerships. The keynote Speaker this year is Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser. On Friday, September 14, the conference convenes at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. On Saturday, a smaller session, limited to 250 participants convenes at UH’s Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture.
The Houston Arts Partners was created in 2009 to more efficiently coordinate access to arts educational resources in Houston for school administrators. Participation is limited to large arts organizations with full time education and outreach staff, making it top-heavy with theater and musical organizations, although Fotofest and MECA, two smaller visual arts orgs with a strong educational focus, are partners, too. Online Registration and sponsorship opportunities here.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015