The December/January issue of Origin, Maranda Pleasant‘s art/yoga/lifestyle magazine, is going to have national distribution through Whole Foods markets; to celebrate, she’s holding National Launch Parties in Dallas (Dec 8, 6:30-10:30, Crow Collection of Asian Art), Houston (Dec.9 6:30-10:30 at Deborah Colton Gallery), Austin (Dec 10, 7-10pm, Arthouse), all three featuring featuring DJ Spooky, who will be signing his latest work, “The Book of Ice” and spinning his unique sounds with a string quartet and video projections.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015