Culturemap‘s Steven Thompson reports on how a Russian embargo on art lending has but a crimp into the exhibition schedules of the Houston’s Museum of Natural Science, which had planned Treasures from the Hermitage: Russia’s Crown Jewels and forced the MFAH to forgo some objects it hoped to include in Gifts of the Sultans: The Arts of Giving at the Islamic Courts. It all stems from an international dispute over artifacts displaced during WWII.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015