Culturemap‘s Steven Thompson reports on how a Russian embargo on art lending has but a crimp into the exhibition schedules of the Houston’s Museum of Natural Science, which had planned Treasures from the Hermitage: Russia’s Crown Jewels and forced the MFAH to forgo some objects it hoped to include in Gifts of the Sultans: The Arts of Giving at the Islamic Courts. It all stems from an international dispute over artifacts displaced during WWII.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015