Artists Annette Lawrence an Mike Smith have been elected to the board of directors of Arthouse, the embattled Austin art venue. The vacant spots on the board resulted from a mini-wave of protest resignations over the org’s recent cutting of its sole curator, Elizabeth Dunbar. “We are thrilled to have the voices of highly regarded artists as a significant part of our leadership,” stated Sue Graze, Arthouse Executive Director.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015