Yesterday Rebecca Cohen rounded up a half dozen Texas art mavens’ sound bites on who should succeed Peter Marzio as Director of Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts for the NY Times’ Texas page. 25% diffuse speculation (no names were mentioned) and 75% eulogy abour Marzio’s irreplaceablness, the piece adds little information to the already anxious finagling over who will get to warm Marzio’s million-dollar chair. No MFAH board or staff members contributed to the piece.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015