Partnering with Houston Arts Alliance, Fresh Arts, and the City of Houston, Elia and Noah Quiles of UP Art Studio’s “Mini Murals” project was greenlit in 2015 and kicked off with 31 traffic signal control cabinets (Glasstire covered it here.). As of the beginning of this year, over 150 traffic control cabinets have been transformed by local artists. So far, it’s been a mix between graffiti, street art, and art art. Now, there is an open call for another 38 artworks. The deadline to submit applications is August 11 and all artists will be notified of results by August 31.
Apply and go cover Houston with more art!
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017