Partnering with Houston Arts Alliance, Fresh Arts, and the City of Houston, Elia and Noah Quiles of UP Art Studio’s “Mini Murals” project was greenlit in 2015 and kicked off with 31 traffic signal control cabinets (Glasstire covered it here.). As of the beginning of this year, over 150 traffic control cabinets have been transformed by local artists. So far, it’s been a mix between graffiti, street art, and art art. Now, there is an open call for another 38 artworks. The deadline to submit applications is August 11 and all artists will be notified of results by August 31.
Apply and go cover Houston with more art!
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017