Houston-born, San Antonio-based artist Cruz Ortiz has been selected to produce art for the Texas Democratic Convention, reports the Houston Chronicle. The Convention will take place June 16-18 in San Antonio.
Perhaps best known for his graphic and font-based prints, Ortiz also runs the design firm Snake Hawk Press. Besides making prints and paintings, he has produced community projects, performance pieces, and interactive work. While his print shop and his youthful, San Antonio-inspired style makes him a pretty perfect fit for the job, anything could happen with Ortiz in the mix. “We’ve got some fun stuff in the works (for the convention)—maybe even some chihuahua races,” he said. “A Bernie Sanders chihuahua racing a Hillary Clinton chihuahua.”
also by Paula Newton
- The Italians are Coming to Sugar Land - September 25th, 2017
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- New Curator of Asian Art at MFAH - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017