Join the Glasstire editors on this first Saturday of the East Austin Studio Tour for a community breakfast at the Group Exhibition space. Start your tour with food, drinks, family activities, and a preview of artwork you can see on the tour. Starts at 9:30 a.m. and goes to 11 a.m.
The Austin Tinkering School will be on site with activites for all ages. Build and race a car down a 60 ft Nerdy Derby track or make electrical circuits on paper. Take home a light up greeting card, make origami animals come to life, or build a three-dimensional pop up sculpture with working lights.
Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour is a free, annual, self-guided art event spanning across two weekends in November. Through collaboration with the community, EAST provides opportunities for the public to meet the makers: the local artists and artisans who drive Austin’s vibrant creative culture. In its 14th edition, EAST features 287 Artist Studios, 152 Exhibitions, 17 Happenings and a series of Select Events.
Visit east.bigmedium.org for complete info.
also by Glasstire
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: March 23, 2017 - March 23rd, 2017
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017