Join the Glasstire editors on this first Saturday of the East Austin Studio Tour for a community breakfast at the Group Exhibition space. Start your tour with food, drinks, family activities, and a preview of artwork you can see on the tour. Starts at 9:30 a.m. and goes to 11 a.m.
The Austin Tinkering School will be on site with activites for all ages. Build and race a car down a 60 ft Nerdy Derby track or make electrical circuits on paper. Take home a light up greeting card, make origami animals come to life, or build a three-dimensional pop up sculpture with working lights.
Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour is a free, annual, self-guided art event spanning across two weekends in November. Through collaboration with the community, EAST provides opportunities for the public to meet the makers: the local artists and artisans who drive Austin’s vibrant creative culture. In its 14th edition, EAST features 287 Artist Studios, 152 Exhibitions, 17 Happenings and a series of Select Events.
Visit east.bigmedium.org for complete info.
also by Glasstire
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017