Join the Glasstire editors on this first Saturday of the East Austin Studio Tour for a community breakfast at the Group Exhibition space. Start your tour with food, drinks, family activities, and a preview of artwork you can see on the tour. Starts at 9:30 a.m. and goes to 11 a.m.
The Austin Tinkering School will be on site with activites for all ages. Build and race a car down a 60 ft Nerdy Derby track or make electrical circuits on paper. Take home a light up greeting card, make origami animals come to life, or build a three-dimensional pop up sculpture with working lights.
Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour is a free, annual, self-guided art event spanning across two weekends in November. Through collaboration with the community, EAST provides opportunities for the public to meet the makers: the local artists and artisans who drive Austin’s vibrant creative culture. In its 14th edition, EAST features 287 Artist Studios, 152 Exhibitions, 17 Happenings and a series of Select Events.
Visit east.bigmedium.org for complete info.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017