The Dallas Arts District is throwing a Summer Block Party on Friday, June 19 from 6 p.m. to midnight; Flora and Harwood will be given over to pedestrians, and it all promises a lot of open doors and festivities.
The Nasher Sculpture Center, the Crow Collection and the Dallas Museum of Art are all participating by staying open late (for free!) with special screenings (A Fish Called Wanda, The Avengers and more), a free meditation session, live bands The Walden Twins and Quiet Company, and of course the museums’ exhibitions are open as well. There will of course be gourmet food trucks galore, activity tables, scavenger hunts… the whole nine yards.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017