San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary has announced its selection of four local artists to take part in three-month residencies in Berlin, Germany: Justin Boyd, Adriana Corral, Jessica Halonen, and Chris Sauter. Boyd has already left for the first residency term.
This is the second year that Blue Star has served as the only U.S. partner of the Künstlerhaus Bethanien, an organization that has earned an international reputation for its residency studio program, giving 25 artists from around the world residencies at their facility in the heart of Berlin’s art scene. Blue Star plans an exhibition featuring the inaugural group of resident artists (Richard Armendariz, Cathy Cunningham-Little, Karen Mahaffy, and Vincent Valdez) in March 2015 during Contemporary Art Month.
also by Paula Newton
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016