San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary has announced its selection of four local artists to take part in three-month residencies in Berlin, Germany: Justin Boyd, Adriana Corral, Jessica Halonen, and Chris Sauter. Boyd has already left for the first residency term.
This is the second year that Blue Star has served as the only U.S. partner of the Künstlerhaus Bethanien, an organization that has earned an international reputation for its residency studio program, giving 25 artists from around the world residencies at their facility in the heart of Berlin’s art scene. Blue Star plans an exhibition featuring the inaugural group of resident artists (Richard Armendariz, Cathy Cunningham-Little, Karen Mahaffy, and Vincent Valdez) in March 2015 during Contemporary Art Month.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017