Wendy Watriss, co-founder of FotoFest in Houston, is speaking this Thursday evening at the San Francisco Art Institute as part of Photoalliance‘s 2014 lecture series.
FotoFest is, of course, the internationally renowned photographic arts and education organization which also hosts a major eponymous biennial (this year is its 15th). Watriss has been its artistic director since 1991, while she’s had a long and distinguished career as a photographer, curator, writer and journalist.
Watriss will speak on Thursday, June 26, 2014, 7:30 pm, at the San Francisco Art Institute Lecture Hall, 800 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA. Tickets will be
available at the door: $10 General / $5 Students with ID.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016