Wendy Watriss, co-founder of FotoFest in Houston, is speaking this Thursday evening at the San Francisco Art Institute as part of Photoalliance‘s 2014 lecture series.
FotoFest is, of course, the internationally renowned photographic arts and education organization which also hosts a major eponymous biennial (this year is its 15th). Watriss has been its artistic director since 1991, while she’s had a long and distinguished career as a photographer, curator, writer and journalist.
Watriss will speak on Thursday, June 26, 2014, 7:30 pm, at the San Francisco Art Institute Lecture Hall, 800 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA. Tickets will be
available at the door: $10 General / $5 Students with ID.
also by Christina Rees
- All the world's a snuff film - July 17th, 2016
- Rockin' and a rollin': NO MORE KINGS! Happy 4th. - July 4th, 2016
- Sure, It's Summer. But Now Is Not The Time To Relax. - June 30th, 2016
- Surrounded by Sharks in Virtual Reality - June 22nd, 2016
- Reading now: Alain de Botton's "The Course of Love" - June 20th, 2016