Perhaps taking to heart David Byrne and Patti Smith’s recent disavowals of the Big Apple for pushing out young talent through high cost of living, Rob Weingart returns to his hometown of Amarillo after a stint in New York to serve as collections manager and head preparator of the Amarillo Museum of Art, Managing Director of AMoA Kim Mahan has announced. Previously, Weingart worked as a property manager at the esteemed auction house Phillips de Pury, as well as holding posts at the Museum of Modern Art, and the Brooklyn Museum, and a number of commercial art galleries.
Weingart received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of North Texas and his Master of Fine Arts degree from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
also by Lucia Simek
- Public Art is Winning! - May 22nd, 2014
- The Contemporary Austin Names a New Firestorm Fixer - May 21st, 2014
- Giant Camera Wins Giant Prize Purse - May 20th, 2014
- The Met Opens its Digital Vault - May 19th, 2014
- Goss-Michael Foundation's Associate Director Named Juror for ArtPrize - May 19th, 2014