Well, the Nasher Sculpture Center is finished unveiling all of the ten projects commissioned for its 10th anniversary exhibition Nasher XChange but, for those who missed any of it, the Nasher also held an “unveiling” of its two-volume catalogue a few days ago.
In charge of the pictures for the catalogue was artist/photographer Allison V. Smith; her participation was considered a coup for the project, according to Nasher Director Jeremy Strick. “We very much wanted to document all of the ten projects and to our delight, Allison agreed,” Strick told The Dallas Morning News. “She much more than agreed; she embraced the project.” Smith was on hand at the Nasher’s Thursday evening book-signing celebration.
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017