Well, the Nasher Sculpture Center is finished unveiling all of the ten projects commissioned for its 10th anniversary exhibition Nasher XChange but, for those who missed any of it, the Nasher also held an “unveiling” of its two-volume catalogue a few days ago.
In charge of the pictures for the catalogue was artist/photographer Allison V. Smith; her participation was considered a coup for the project, according to Nasher Director Jeremy Strick. “We very much wanted to document all of the ten projects and to our delight, Allison agreed,” Strick told The Dallas Morning News. “She much more than agreed; she embraced the project.” Smith was on hand at the Nasher’s Thursday evening book-signing celebration.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016