The Leigh Bess Boone Foundation wants to know about your amazing interns. The Foundation, which awards stipends to outstanding interns and volunteers in the visual and performing arts, has extended its deadline for nominations and will be accepting applications through October 15.
The Foundation was established in 2009 after the tragic death of Leigh Boone, which left the Houston arts community stunned. Boone, who was executive administrative assistant at the Houston Center for Photography, was very active in the arts and had held internship positions at a number of national organizations in theater, dance, and the visual arts.
“We all know how invaluable volunteers are to our community,” says Foundation Board Member Dennis Nance, exhibitions and programming director at Lawndale Art Center, “and it’s a really great way to remember and honor Leigh and those who have worked with us.”
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016