The Leigh Bess Boone Foundation wants to know about your amazing interns. The Foundation, which awards stipends to outstanding interns and volunteers in the visual and performing arts, has extended its deadline for nominations and will be accepting applications through October 15.
The Foundation was established in 2009 after the tragic death of Leigh Boone, which left the Houston arts community stunned. Boone, who was executive administrative assistant at the Houston Center for Photography, was very active in the arts and had held internship positions at a number of national organizations in theater, dance, and the visual arts.
“We all know how invaluable volunteers are to our community,” says Foundation Board Member Dennis Nance, exhibitions and programming director at Lawndale Art Center, “and it’s a really great way to remember and honor Leigh and those who have worked with us.”
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015