The Leigh Bess Boone Foundation wants to know about your amazing interns. The Foundation, which awards stipends to outstanding interns and volunteers in the visual and performing arts, has extended its deadline for nominations and will be accepting applications through October 15.
The Foundation was established in 2009 after the tragic death of Leigh Boone, which left the Houston arts community stunned. Boone, who was executive administrative assistant at the Houston Center for Photography, was very active in the arts and had held internship positions at a number of national organizations in theater, dance, and the visual arts.
“We all know how invaluable volunteers are to our community,” says Foundation Board Member Dennis Nance, exhibitions and programming director at Lawndale Art Center, “and it’s a really great way to remember and honor Leigh and those who have worked with us.”
also by Paula Newton
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016