The Leigh Bess Boone Foundation wants to know about your amazing interns. The Foundation, which awards stipends to outstanding interns and volunteers in the visual and performing arts, has extended its deadline for nominations and will be accepting applications through October 15.
The Foundation was established in 2009 after the tragic death of Leigh Boone, which left the Houston arts community stunned. Boone, who was executive administrative assistant at the Houston Center for Photography, was very active in the arts and had held internship positions at a number of national organizations in theater, dance, and the visual arts.
“We all know how invaluable volunteers are to our community,” says Foundation Board Member Dennis Nance, exhibitions and programming director at Lawndale Art Center, “and it’s a really great way to remember and honor Leigh and those who have worked with us.”
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017