Houston’s Rice University has installed its latest public art project, Mark di Suvero’s sculpture “Po-um (Lyric).” University Art Director Molly Hubbard refers to the work as a “mobile”; the six-ton sculpture balances on a pedestal.
Hubbard states that the di Suvero sculpture now completes “a triptych of three great American artists,” which includes the di Suvero’s mobile, the new James Turrell light piece, and the Michael Heizer sculpture, installed in the early 1980s. Of course, there are more than three works in Rice’s public art collection. For the full list of public art, visit their site.
also by Paula Newton
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016