Houston’s Rice University has installed its latest public art project, Mark di Suvero’s sculpture “Po-um (Lyric).” University Art Director Molly Hubbard refers to the work as a “mobile”; the six-ton sculpture balances on a pedestal.
Hubbard states that the di Suvero sculpture now completes “a triptych of three great American artists,” which includes the di Suvero’s mobile, the new James Turrell light piece, and the Michael Heizer sculpture, installed in the early 1980s. Of course, there are more than three works in Rice’s public art collection. For the full list of public art, visit their site.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017
- Texas State Artists Selected for 2018 - May 18th, 2017