Houston’s Rice University has installed its latest public art project, Mark di Suvero’s sculpture “Po-um (Lyric).” University Art Director Molly Hubbard refers to the work as a “mobile”; the six-ton sculpture balances on a pedestal.
Hubbard states that the di Suvero sculpture now completes “a triptych of three great American artists,” which includes the di Suvero’s mobile, the new James Turrell light piece, and the Michael Heizer sculpture, installed in the early 1980s. Of course, there are more than three works in Rice’s public art collection. For the full list of public art, visit their site.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015