Houston’s Rice University has installed its latest public art project, Mark di Suvero’s sculpture “Po-um (Lyric).” University Art Director Molly Hubbard refers to the work as a “mobile”; the six-ton sculpture balances on a pedestal.
Hubbard states that the di Suvero sculpture now completes “a triptych of three great American artists,” which includes the di Suvero’s mobile, the new James Turrell light piece, and the Michael Heizer sculpture, installed in the early 1980s. Of course, there are more than three works in Rice’s public art collection. For the full list of public art, visit their site.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017