Saw a lot of amazing art this week. Not only were the works themselves curious, mysterious, visceral and fascinating in so many ways, but in every case there was a special energy in their presentation, a feeling of excitement in the air just by standing in their presence. Perhaps it was because the artist himself was present at each opening. (If you squint, you can even see Tony Feher in the background of my pic taken during the performance in his piece.) Or maybe it was an emotional energy in the works themselves, which all seem to be searching, yearning and wistful in their own unique ways. In any event, they have inspired me, and I hope they give your week a boost too.
also by Rachel Hooper
- Monopoly: Mike Osborne and Haden Garrett - April 2nd, 2014
- James Turrell: The Light Inside - June 28th, 2013
- Picasso Black and White - March 11th, 2013
- Painters' Painters - February 13th, 2013
- Thirty Seconds: Week of January 27 - February 2nd, 2013