Noting the flap over the departure of the artist-members of LA MOCA’s board of directors, D Magazine‘s Peter Simek asks if the Dallas museums ought to consider getting some. Simek points out that audience-centric museums need not suck, using Nicholas Serota’s Tate Modern as an example, and crediting Serota’s use of input from contemporary artists in the Tate’s planning that helped make it exciting. Bob, who commented on the piece, thinks that artists don’t know how to run museums, but Mike Morris thinks they do. Poll forthcoming!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015