Noting the flap over the departure of the artist-members of LA MOCA’s board of directors, D Magazine‘s Peter Simek asks if the Dallas museums ought to consider getting some. Simek points out that audience-centric museums need not suck, using Nicholas Serota’s Tate Modern as an example, and crediting Serota’s use of input from contemporary artists in the Tate’s planning that helped make it exciting. Bob, who commented on the piece, thinks that artists don’t know how to run museums, but Mike Morris thinks they do. Poll forthcoming!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015