The Dallas Museum of Art has received a half-million dollar grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to hire ex-Getty conservator Mark Leonard as its new Chief Conservator. Leonard who had left the Getty to pursue his own art, will be the first occupant of the DMA’s new conservation studio (after he directs its construction) when he starts work in July.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015