The Dallas Museum of Art has received a half-million dollar grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to hire ex-Getty conservator Mark Leonard as its new Chief Conservator. Leonard who had left the Getty to pursue his own art, will be the first occupant of the DMA’s new conservation studio (after he directs its construction) when he starts work in July.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015