Deborah Martin reports on the “museum growth spurt” in San Antonio in the Express-News today: May 26 is the Grand Opening of the The Witte Museum’s Robert J. and Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center, Martin makes the case for an emerging “cultural expansion” in the town, further evinced by the McNay’s Jane and Arthur Stieren Center for Exhibitions; the San Antonio Children’s Museum’s new building, and the long awaited opening of the Briscoe Western Art Museum next year.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015