Houston’s Channel 13 News ran a lengthy (for local TV news) bit comparing the recently stolen Renoir case to that of socialite Joanne King Herring, who lost Sir Henry Raeburn’s Portrait of a Man in 1985, and later recovered it via an alert from the online Art Loss Registry database when it was up for auction at Sotheby’s.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015