Houston’s Channel 13 News ran a lengthy (for local TV news) bit comparing the recently stolen Renoir case to that of socialite Joanne King Herring, who lost Sir Henry Raeburn’s Portrait of a Man in 1985, and later recovered it via an alert from the online Art Loss Registry database when it was up for auction at Sotheby’s.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015