The first-ever Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) happens this weekend at the George R. Brown Convention Center, offering a broad spectrum of artworks from contemporary to modern masters, for both novice and experienced collectors. Regular hours for the Fair, , are Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17th from 11-7pm and Sunday, Sept. 18 from 11-6pm Tickets begin at $17.
80 galleries, 13 countries, 37 cities, 2000 pieces of art, 70,000 square feet!! Although the fair officially opens to the public Friday at 11am, there will have already been so many pre-parties, kickoffs, previews, photo ops, an uncratings that the fair itself may seem an anticlimax!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015