The first-ever Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) happens this weekend at the George R. Brown Convention Center, offering a broad spectrum of artworks from contemporary to modern masters, for both novice and experienced collectors. Regular hours for the Fair, , are Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17th from 11-7pm and Sunday, Sept. 18 from 11-6pm Tickets begin at $17.
80 galleries, 13 countries, 37 cities, 2000 pieces of art, 70,000 square feet!! Although the fair officially opens to the public Friday at 11am, there will have already been so many pre-parties, kickoffs, previews, photo ops, an uncratings that the fair itself may seem an anticlimax!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015