In an amazing post today in her ArtsJournal blog, Real Clear Arts, Judith Dobrzynski decries the Springfield, Missouri, Art Museum board’s decision to hold a public meeting and solicit input on the selection of a new director. Though it’s the city-run art museum in a city whose administration’s motto is “working with community for ethical, responsible government,” Dobrzynski feels that the org has gone too far in the name of access, allowing artists and the public to comment on a process she feels should be limited to board members. With the DMA, MFAH, AMOA, Arthouse all looking for new directors, the customary secrecy surrounding the selection of these public figures needs examination, not defense!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015