Graziella Marchicelli, Director of the Amarillo Museum of Art since 2006, was abruptly fired on May 13 for what T. Jay Reeves, the president-elect of the museums board called “a rule violation,” although no one connected with the museum quoted in the article in the Amarillo Globe-News had any criticism of her work. In the evidence vacuum, rumors and counter-rumors of scandal, board chicanery, and censorship are swirling like a high plains dust storm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015