The deadline for entering Dallas’ 500X annual Expo is September 15. This is a big, time-honored juried competition that opens with a reception on October 7 (it runs through November 5), and this year’s juror is Sara-Jayne Parsons, the director of the Art Galleries at TCU in Fort Worth.
To enter you have to be at least 18 and living in Texas. “All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment). All work must be ready to hang.” The cost to enter is $30 for up to five entries. Artwork drop-off is Sept. 30 and Oct. 1.
Prior to taking the job in Fort Worth in 2013, Parsons was for eight years the exhibitions curator at the Bluecoat in Liverpool, UK. For more info on the 500X Expo, go here, and the entry form is here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017