An Austin funeral home, Distinctive Life, has installed a sculpture of the letters, “L,” “V,” and “E,” leaving room for selfies to finish the word “LIVE.” It has been displayed at several locations in Austin in the hopes of encouraging people to “seize the day,” reports austin360.
Distinctive Life’s Facebook page reveals a more New Age, optimistic (à la Austin) bent than one usually associates with funeral homes. But it also has locations in Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas, and plans to install the sculpture in those cities and perhaps elsewhere.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017