In Corsicana, Texas (population 24,000), there is an international residency program for artists and writers called 100W. There are fully funded residencies, partially funded residencies, and non-funded residencies. But applications for any of these positions in the 2018 program are due by September 1, 2017.
Not sure about living in a small town an hour away from Dallas? The title of a recent Paper City feature on Corsicana was entitled “Move Over Marfa.” Besides, as the 100W website notes, both Mobil Oil and Wolf Brand Chile were founded in Corsicana.
For more info, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017