In Corsicana, Texas (population 24,000), there is an international residency program for artists and writers called 100W. There are fully funded residencies, partially funded residencies, and non-funded residencies. But applications for any of these positions in the 2018 program are due by September 1, 2017.
Not sure about living in a small town an hour away from Dallas? The title of a recent Paper City feature on Corsicana was entitled “Move Over Marfa.” Besides, as the 100W website notes, both Mobil Oil and Wolf Brand Chile were founded in Corsicana.
For more info, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017
- S.A.’s Toilet Museum is up for Auction! - July 13th, 2017