Houston-based FotoFest International has opened up registration for its well-known “Meeting Place” portfolio review sessions, where photographic artists show their work to no fewer than 16 photography professionals per session (you can sign up for up to two sessions). Meeting Place takes place March of next year in Houston as part of FotoFest’s 2018 Biennial.
FotoFest has secured “150 curators, editors, publishers, gallerists, collectors and photo agencies” to be on hand for the portfolio reviews (the list of names for each session is indeed impressive), and this is the “…oldest, largest, most international portfolio review program in the U.S.”
Well-known artists have praised their own early experiences with Meeting Place reviews: Nancy Newberry, Meghann Riepenhoff, and Hillerbrand & Magsamen all say the reviews helped them with their own development as professional artists. Three reviews sessions take place over four days each next March and the cost per session is $975. Appointments with each reviewer last 20 minutes. Early registration closes July 31.
For all the info you need and a link to the registration form, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017
- 3rd Annual Art Walk West is in Dallas Tomorrow - September 15th, 2017