Houston-based FotoFest International has opened up registration for its well-known “Meeting Place” portfolio review sessions, where photographic artists show their work to no fewer than 16 photography professionals per session (you can sign up for up to two sessions). Meeting Place takes place March of next year in Houston as part of FotoFest’s 2018 Biennial.
FotoFest has secured “150 curators, editors, publishers, gallerists, collectors and photo agencies” to be on hand for the portfolio reviews (the list of names for each session is indeed impressive), and this is the “…oldest, largest, most international portfolio review program in the U.S.”
Well-known artists have praised their own early experiences with Meeting Place reviews: Nancy Newberry, Meghann Riepenhoff, and Hillerbrand & Magsamen all say the reviews helped them with their own development as professional artists. Three reviews sessions take place over four days each next March and the cost per session is $975. Appointments with each reviewer last 20 minutes. Early registration closes July 31.
For all the info you need and a link to the registration form, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017