Last weekend, the Houston Art Car Parade celebrated its 30th anniversary with a profusion of events, culminating in a procession of more than 250 vehicles led by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Grand Marshal Cheech Marin. Like past years, the Orange Show awarded $19,000 to the best art cars in the parade, based on each vehicle’s craftsmanship, design, and originality. See some of the winners (and some of our favorite cars) below.
HALL OF FAME
Sashimi Tabernacle Choir by Richard Carter
Char Car by Mark “Scrapdaddy” Bradford
To see the complete list of winners, go here. Keep scrolling to see our coverage of the parade.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017
- Solange Knowles Is Coming to Marfa - June 21st, 2017
- Fashion & Art: Coach Presents "City Wide" Exhibition by Dallas Artist Arthur Peña - June 20th, 2017
- Houston's Punk History, in Posters - June 20th, 2017