The Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) is now simply the Houston Art Fair (HAF). Urban Expositions, the company that acquired HFAF last September from founder Rick Friedman’s Hampton Expo Group, is also changing the location to the Silver Street Studios. HAF will feature booths from about 45 galleries, which must be invited to apply and go through a review process.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the new owners are aiming for a more “boutique” experience (intended definition: smaller, but cooler). HAF will take place September 29 through October 2, the same weekend as the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, with whom HFAF had a less-than-friendly competition.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016