The Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) is now simply the Houston Art Fair (HAF). Urban Expositions, the company that acquired HFAF last September from founder Rick Friedman’s Hampton Expo Group, is also changing the location to the Silver Street Studios. HAF will feature booths from about 45 galleries, which must be invited to apply and go through a review process.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the new owners are aiming for a more “boutique” experience (intended definition: smaller, but cooler). HAF will take place September 29 through October 2, the same weekend as the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, with whom HFAF had a less-than-friendly competition.
also by Paula Newton
- Non-Graffiti-Looking Graffiti Doesn’t Get Painted Over - January 24th, 2017
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017