The Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) is now simply the Houston Art Fair (HAF). Urban Expositions, the company that acquired HFAF last September from founder Rick Friedman’s Hampton Expo Group, is also changing the location to the Silver Street Studios. HAF will feature booths from about 45 galleries, which must be invited to apply and go through a review process.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the new owners are aiming for a more “boutique” experience (intended definition: smaller, but cooler). HAF will take place September 29 through October 2, the same weekend as the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, with whom HFAF had a less-than-friendly competition.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017