The Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) is now simply the Houston Art Fair (HAF). Urban Expositions, the company that acquired HFAF last September from founder Rick Friedman’s Hampton Expo Group, is also changing the location to the Silver Street Studios. HAF will feature booths from about 45 galleries, which must be invited to apply and go through a review process.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the new owners are aiming for a more “boutique” experience (intended definition: smaller, but cooler). HAF will take place September 29 through October 2, the same weekend as the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, with whom HFAF had a less-than-friendly competition.
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017