The Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) is now simply the Houston Art Fair (HAF). Urban Expositions, the company that acquired HFAF last September from founder Rick Friedman’s Hampton Expo Group, is also changing the location to the Silver Street Studios. HAF will feature booths from about 45 galleries, which must be invited to apply and go through a review process.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the new owners are aiming for a more “boutique” experience (intended definition: smaller, but cooler). HAF will take place September 29 through October 2, the same weekend as the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, with whom HFAF had a less-than-friendly competition.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017