Now, Sarah Sudhoff, previously the director of the Houston Center for Photography, is opening Capsule Gallery in David Shelton’s former space at Isabella Court (in Midtown), alongside Inman Gallery, Samara Gallery, Art Palace, and Devin Borden. The new gallery’s programming will pair photography and craft, which is influenced by Sudhoff’s relationship with her partner, metalsmith Gary Schott.
The gallery’s first show is set to open January 29 and will feature work by Jessica Andersen, Erica Bello, Liz Clark, Kat Cole, Emily Rogstad, Caitie Sellers, Rachel Shimpock, and Laura Wood. For more on the gallery, go here.
also by Glasstire
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016