Now, Sarah Sudhoff, previously the director of the Houston Center for Photography, is opening Capsule Gallery in David Shelton’s former space at Isabella Court (in Midtown), alongside Inman Gallery, Samara Gallery, Art Palace, and Devin Borden. The new gallery’s programming will pair photography and craft, which is influenced by Sudhoff’s relationship with her partner, metalsmith Gary Schott.
The gallery’s first show is set to open January 29 and will feature work by Jessica Andersen, Erica Bello, Liz Clark, Kat Cole, Emily Rogstad, Caitie Sellers, Rachel Shimpock, and Laura Wood. For more on the gallery, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017