When Jesús Moroles died in a car accident in mid-June, Texas lost a monumental sculptor, as did the nation (he was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2008). Now, his friends, family and collectors will hold a public memorial service and tribute at the site of his largest single work, the 1991 sculpture, the “Houston Police Officers Memorial.”
The tribute will take place on October 12, rain or shine, at 5:45pm. Visitors can park at Bayou Place or Hobby Center (allow for a 15 minute walk). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017