When Jesús Moroles died in a car accident in mid-June, Texas lost a monumental sculptor, as did the nation (he was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2008). Now, his friends, family and collectors will hold a public memorial service and tribute at the site of his largest single work, the 1991 sculpture, the “Houston Police Officers Memorial.”
The tribute will take place on October 12, rain or shine, at 5:45pm. Visitors can park at Bayou Place or Hobby Center (allow for a 15 minute walk). RSVP to email@example.com for more information.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017