When Jesús Moroles died in a car accident in mid-June, Texas lost a monumental sculptor, as did the nation (he was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2008). Now, his friends, family and collectors will hold a public memorial service and tribute at the site of his largest single work, the 1991 sculpture, the “Houston Police Officers Memorial.”
The tribute will take place on October 12, rain or shine, at 5:45pm. Visitors can park at Bayou Place or Hobby Center (allow for a 15 minute walk). RSVP to email@example.com for more information.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017