When Jesús Moroles died in a car accident in mid-June, Texas lost a monumental sculptor, as did the nation (he was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2008). Now, his friends, family and collectors will hold a public memorial service and tribute at the site of his largest single work, the 1991 sculpture, the “Houston Police Officers Memorial.”
The tribute will take place on October 12, rain or shine, at 5:45pm. Visitors can park at Bayou Place or Hobby Center (allow for a 15 minute walk). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
also by Paula Newton
- Off to a Good Start! Moody Center Announces Inaugural Schedule of Artists - October 28th, 2016
- Tate Hires Houston Curator - October 27th, 2016
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016