When Jesús Moroles died in a car accident in mid-June, Texas lost a monumental sculptor, as did the nation (he was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2008). Now, his friends, family and collectors will hold a public memorial service and tribute at the site of his largest single work, the 1991 sculpture, the “Houston Police Officers Memorial.”
The tribute will take place on October 12, rain or shine, at 5:45pm. Visitors can park at Bayou Place or Hobby Center (allow for a 15 minute walk). RSVP to email@example.com for more information.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017