On top of the success of Texas Design Now at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH), AIGA Houston (the local chapter of the professional association for design) has declared it Houston Design Week. It actually started on Saturday, but there are still plenty of events to check out.
Tonight’s event is a lecture at Rice Media Center (7-9pm) with Lana Rigsby, president and creative director of RigsbyHull, and David Eagleman, neuroscientist and a New York Times bestselling author. (Both pictured above.) For the full schedule, go here.
For those who would like the designgeist to continue into the next year, Houston artist Dennis Nance—who, along with James Hays, make up “Weird Wear by Dennis & James,” on view through November 29 in the CAMH Design show— has announced that he is now taking preorders for the “Cast of Characters” 2016 calendar.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017