On top of the success of Texas Design Now at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH), AIGA Houston (the local chapter of the professional association for design) has declared it Houston Design Week. It actually started on Saturday, but there are still plenty of events to check out.
Tonight’s event is a lecture at Rice Media Center (7-9pm) with Lana Rigsby, president and creative director of RigsbyHull, and David Eagleman, neuroscientist and a New York Times bestselling author. (Both pictured above.) For the full schedule, go here.
For those who would like the designgeist to continue into the next year, Houston artist Dennis Nance—who, along with James Hays, make up “Weird Wear by Dennis & James,” on view through November 29 in the CAMH Design show— has announced that he is now taking preorders for the “Cast of Characters” 2016 calendar.
also by Paula Newton
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017
- Deadline Approaches for Corsicana Residency - July 14th, 2017