On top of the success of Texas Design Now at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH), AIGA Houston (the local chapter of the professional association for design) has declared it Houston Design Week. It actually started on Saturday, but there are still plenty of events to check out.
Tonight’s event is a lecture at Rice Media Center (7-9pm) with Lana Rigsby, president and creative director of RigsbyHull, and David Eagleman, neuroscientist and a New York Times bestselling author. (Both pictured above.) For the full schedule, go here.
For those who would like the designgeist to continue into the next year, Houston artist Dennis Nance—who, along with James Hays, make up “Weird Wear by Dennis & James,” on view through November 29 in the CAMH Design show— has announced that he is now taking preorders for the “Cast of Characters” 2016 calendar.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017