Houston Artist Ed Wilson has, finally, been re-awarded the artwork commission for the George R. Brown Convention Center. After Wilson’s original award was strangely withdrawn in late November, it drew much media attention from to Houston Arts Alliance’s selection process, and led to the resignation of HAA’s head of Civic Art + Design, Matthew Lennon, in protest.
We expect a press release from HAA in the morning but, meanwhile, ED RULES!
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017