Daniel Atkinson is in charge of public programs and artists’ talks at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, and tomorrow night at CentralTrak, artists and other interested parties can hear his take on what makes a compelling artist’s talk or presentation. This is part of CentralTrak’s ongoing NEXT TOPIC series.
Atkinson has taught in Manhattan, Chicago, and at Dia: Beacon among other hot spots, and he has an overview on how to, as CentralTrak puts it, “push away from the traditional, oversimplified, chronological narratives many expect.” This event was “conceived as a tool kit both to understand and generate new modes of presentation… .” It is open to the public and free. For more info, go here.
Date: Thursday March 5, 7:00 pm
Location: CentralTrak, 800 Exposition Ave, Dallas, Texas, 75226
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017