The Dallas Morning News’ Michael Granberry reported last night that the Dallas Museum of Art, the Kimbell Art Museum, the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, the Crow Collection of Art, and the Nasher Sculpture Center have all announced that they will not be open today due to weather conditions. As of last night, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth had made no announcement, but the “Inclement Weather Policy” posted on its website states that it will not open if FWISD decides to close which, according to its Facebook page, it decided to do later in the evening.
For today, at least, we amend the Glasstire editors’ usual sign off on its weekly Top Five list. Instead of “Go see some art!,” go make some art! (Or just read a book or watch some movies with a cup of cocoa—but stay warm.)
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017