The Dallas Morning News’ Michael Granberry reported last night that the Dallas Museum of Art, the Kimbell Art Museum, the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, the Crow Collection of Art, and the Nasher Sculpture Center have all announced that they will not be open today due to weather conditions. As of last night, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth had made no announcement, but the “Inclement Weather Policy” posted on its website states that it will not open if FWISD decides to close which, according to its Facebook page, it decided to do later in the evening.
For today, at least, we amend the Glasstire editors’ usual sign off on its weekly Top Five list. Instead of “Go see some art!,” go make some art! (Or just read a book or watch some movies with a cup of cocoa—but stay warm.)
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017