There’s a new gallery coming to the El Paso art community called the Cube (or, according to its letterhead and Facebook page, the “CUB3”). Plans are for three-week exhibitions, with opening receptions to take place on the last Thursdays of each month, coinciding with the El Paso Downtown Arts District Art Crawl. The Cube is positioning itself to be a more experimental gallery; it describes itself as “a new art venue that will bring forth innovative thought and education in the arts, created to show that art is more than an object that hangs on the wall or sits on a pedestal.”
The Cube’s Director/Curator Angel Cabrales has scheduled the first exhibition, Borderlands, set to open next week on February 27th, with an opening from 6-9 pm. Borderlands will feature two installations by artist Angel Cabrales. Wait—that name sounds familiar! Oh well, support a new gallery with an ambitious mission, check out the art, and ask Director Cabrales for more details about the long-term exhibition schedule.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015