The call for entries for the Hunting Art Prize was sent out months ago but, for artists who were waiting to second-guess the preferences of the Hunting Art Prize jurors, the 2014 panel has just been announced. They are:
- Marie Bosarge, art collector and Founder of Music Doing Good, Inc., a nonprofit arts organization in Houston.
- Leila Cartier, Director of Exhibitions and Curator at the William King Museum in Abingdon, Virginia.
- Stephen Wicks, Barbara W. and Bernard E. Bernstein Curator at the Knoxville Museum of Art in Tennessee.
The Hunting Art Prize, which is open to adult artists throughout Texas, is historically the most generous annual award in North America for painting and drawing. Entries (only one per artist) are due on November 30. A single winner receives the $50,000 cash prize, which will be announced in Houston at the Hunting Art Prize gala on May 3rd.
Artists may also want to reread “The Secret to Winning the Hunting Prize,” generously posted on Glasstire’s comment section from last year’s winner, Marshall Harris.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016