Austin’s apartment gallery, Red Space, has announced that it will be closing. Focusing on emerging and experimental artists, Red Space has hosted a variety of installation-oriented exhibitions since artist/curator Caitlin G. McCollom first opened the gallery in January 2011. McCollom, who plans on returning to a full-time studio practice, is not completely shutting the door; the website states: “In the future if Red Space re-opens you will be notified.”
Red Space’s current exhibition, XO, featuring the work of Aaron Meyers, is the gallery’s final show and closes on December 1.
also by Paula Newton
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016