Austin’s apartment gallery, Red Space, has announced that it will be closing. Focusing on emerging and experimental artists, Red Space has hosted a variety of installation-oriented exhibitions since artist/curator Caitlin G. McCollom first opened the gallery in January 2011. McCollom, who plans on returning to a full-time studio practice, is not completely shutting the door; the website states: “In the future if Red Space re-opens you will be notified.”
Red Space’s current exhibition, XO, featuring the work of Aaron Meyers, is the gallery’s final show and closes on December 1.
also by Paula Newton
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015