Austin’s apartment gallery, Red Space, has announced that it will be closing. Focusing on emerging and experimental artists, Red Space has hosted a variety of installation-oriented exhibitions since artist/curator Caitlin G. McCollom first opened the gallery in January 2011. McCollom, who plans on returning to a full-time studio practice, is not completely shutting the door; the website states: “In the future if Red Space re-opens you will be notified.”
Red Space’s current exhibition, XO, featuring the work of Aaron Meyers, is the gallery’s final show and closes on December 1.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017
- Texas State Artists Selected for 2018 - May 18th, 2017