Austin’s apartment gallery, Red Space, has announced that it will be closing. Focusing on emerging and experimental artists, Red Space has hosted a variety of installation-oriented exhibitions since artist/curator Caitlin G. McCollom first opened the gallery in January 2011. McCollom, who plans on returning to a full-time studio practice, is not completely shutting the door; the website states: “In the future if Red Space re-opens you will be notified.”
Red Space’s current exhibition, XO, featuring the work of Aaron Meyers, is the gallery’s final show and closes on December 1.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016