Austin’s apartment gallery, Red Space, has announced that it will be closing. Focusing on emerging and experimental artists, Red Space has hosted a variety of installation-oriented exhibitions since artist/curator Caitlin G. McCollom first opened the gallery in January 2011. McCollom, who plans on returning to a full-time studio practice, is not completely shutting the door; the website states: “In the future if Red Space re-opens you will be notified.”
Red Space’s current exhibition, XO, featuring the work of Aaron Meyers, is the gallery’s final show and closes on December 1.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016