More than 300 sites in nearly every state will ring their bells at 3 pm today (either local time or EDT), the hour when Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech in Washington 50 years ago. In Dallas, this will take place at Thanks-Giving Square Chapel, presented by U.S. Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson. The celebration will begin at 1 pm.
For those who want the conversation to continue, SMU will host a debate with Wiley College on whether America is moving forward on King’s dream. The program begins at 7 pm in the Umphrey Lee Center. Also at 7 pm, Houston’s Rothko Chapel will host a “community conversation” on the current state of the dream, moderated by diversity trainer and author, Tracy Brown
also by Paula Newton
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017