More than 300 sites in nearly every state will ring their bells at 3 pm today (either local time or EDT), the hour when Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech in Washington 50 years ago. In Dallas, this will take place at Thanks-Giving Square Chapel, presented by U.S. Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson. The celebration will begin at 1 pm.
For those who want the conversation to continue, SMU will host a debate with Wiley College on whether America is moving forward on King’s dream. The program begins at 7 pm in the Umphrey Lee Center. Also at 7 pm, Houston’s Rothko Chapel will host a “community conversation” on the current state of the dream, moderated by diversity trainer and author, Tracy Brown
also by Paula Newton
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017
- S.A. Artists Receive $25K Joan Mitchell Grants - November 15th, 2017
- Art Put to Work: San Antonio Artist Makes a Solar Mural - November 14th, 2017
- Texas Artist Harry Geffert, 1934-2017 - November 13th, 2017