More than 300 sites in nearly every state will ring their bells at 3 pm today (either local time or EDT), the hour when Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech in Washington 50 years ago. In Dallas, this will take place at Thanks-Giving Square Chapel, presented by U.S. Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson. The celebration will begin at 1 pm.
For those who want the conversation to continue, SMU will host a debate with Wiley College on whether America is moving forward on King’s dream. The program begins at 7 pm in the Umphrey Lee Center. Also at 7 pm, Houston’s Rothko Chapel will host a “community conversation” on the current state of the dream, moderated by diversity trainer and author, Tracy Brown
also by Paula Newton
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017