The second annual Houston Fine Art Fair opens to the public today at Reliant Center, exhibit hall C. Hoping to beat last year’s total of 10,500 visitors, the fair features 75 exhibitors, A Dish of Colored Fruit by The Art Guys, a booth curated by actor and art collector Cheech Marin, a visit from Mark Dion’s Buffalo Bayou Invasive Plant Eradication Unit, exhibitions featuring current and past CORE fellows from the Museum of Fine Arts, and a full slate of discussions, lectures and events. Regular fair hours are Friday & Saturday Sept. 14 & 15 from 11am – 7pm, and Sunday, Sept. 16 from 11am – 6pm. Tickets start at $25 for a one-day pass, up to $125 for the full VIP treatment.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015