Culturemap reports that Crime Stoppers has offered a $5000 reward for Houston artist Uriel Landeros, suspected of vandalizing Picasso’s Woman in a Red Armchair at the Menil Collection last week. Although Landeros’ name accompanied the original YouTube video documenting the art attack, police have apparently (hopefully?) uncovered more substantial evidence: Landeros was charged by the Harris Country District Attorney’s Office Friday morning for criminal mischief and felony graffiti. Landeros’ studio at Summer Street Studios has been cleaned out, and his whereabouts are unknown.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015