Culturemap reports that Crime Stoppers has offered a $5000 reward for Houston artist Uriel Landeros, suspected of vandalizing Picasso’s Woman in a Red Armchair at the Menil Collection last week. Although Landeros’ name accompanied the original YouTube video documenting the art attack, police have apparently (hopefully?) uncovered more substantial evidence: Landeros was charged by the Harris Country District Attorney’s Office Friday morning for criminal mischief and felony graffiti. Landeros’ studio at Summer Street Studios has been cleaned out, and his whereabouts are unknown.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015