A rumor that the Dallas Museum of Art is considering moving to free admission, confirmed by Jill Bernstein, the DMA’s communications czar, is the subject of discussion in the online D Magazine. Everyone’s in favor of not paying the current $10 admission charge, but canny museum-goers point out that, without a membership, parking itself in the museum’s garage would cost $10! Other commenters contrast the Dallas Arts District with the utopian set-up in Fort Worth, where both the Amon Carter, the Kimbell, and parking are always free.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015