Music and stories celebrating Houston’s historic Fifth Ward celebrate the opening of Dean Ruck and Dan Havel’s bungalow-turned-folk-art-cathedral, Fifth Ward Jam this afternoon, Saturday, Oct 1. Beginning at 4:30 p.m. performers including Texas Zydeco Prince Jabo, legendary Duke Peacock guitarist Texas Johnny Brown, Stella-nominated gospel quartet Endurance, and other musical artists will perform their life stories against the backdrop of the radically re-constructed house at 3705 Lyons Ave.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015