Design Fair 2011 at Houston’s Lawndale Art Center has been retooled from their popular mid-century modern market to include “cutting edge contemporary design.” Furniture, glass, ceramics, lighting, books, metalwork and fashion will be on sale. This year, there’s an expanded The Texas Co-Op feature, curated by UH Art Collection Curator and artist, Michael Guidry focuses on the newest Texas design. Events include a free lecture by Sotheby’s James Zemaitis as he discusses issues of provenance, rarity and the fluctuations of the market using case studies ranging from American mid-century modern to the evolving contemporary design market. Wednesday, March 30 at the MFAH’s Brown Auditorium, 6:30pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015