Each year the the City of Austin’s Cultural Arts Division hosts a big show on the main floors of Austin City Hall; it’s called the People’s Gallery Exhibition. For its 2018 iteration, the City has extended the open-call deadline through midnight on October 12, 2017. It’s accepting applications for two and three-dimensional artworks in any medium. The city encourages Austin-area artists and art organizations to apply.
Via Austin’s Cultural Arts Division: “A selection panel of local arts professionals will review the submissions and recommend artworks for the 2018 exhibition, which will be displayed at City Hall from February 23, 2018 through January 1, 2019. This year’s selection panelists are Teruko Nimura, exhibiting artist and arts educator; John Sager, exhibiting artist, and preparator for the Blanton Museum of Art; and Tammie Rubin, exhibiting artist and Professor of Art, St. Edward’s University.”
The reception for the show takes place on Friday, February 23, from 6 -9 p.m. at Austin City Hall. Regular open hours to view the show are Mon-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
This is part of Austin’s Economic Development Department. For info on how to apply, please go here, or contact exhibition coordinator Suzanne Burton at 512-974-6456 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
also by Glasstire
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017
- Valton Tyler Documentary Screening in November - October 13th, 2017
- Conceptual Art or Gag Gift? You Decide! - October 12th, 2017