“Even if people are not painting something hands-on, they’re at least seeing someone be creative and inspire them,” Corpus Christi spray paint muralist Jeremy Flores told the Caller-Times. “People will be able to see the progression of the artists and that’s what murals bring to the community. People get to see the hard work that goes into it until it’s finished.”
Flores, only 27 years old, wants to inspire the next generation of young artists and to invigorate the community’s appreciation of art. He has invited artists from Eagle Lake, San Marcos, and San Angelo to participate in the first CC Street Wave citywide mural event, some young and some veterans. The muralists will be working and speaking with the public July 14-16. For more info, check out the Caller-Times article.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017