There have been too many tragic deaths this year and when Robert Leo Hulseman died last week, it was almost overlooked by the news media. Hulseman was the inventor of the iconic red Solo cup, found at every picnic, kegger, and high school football game fence.
He died at the age of 84 at his Illinois home of health complications following a series of strokes, reports USA Today.
Hulseman developed the cup sometime in the 1970s and, later, he and a friend came up with the traveler coffee cup lid. According to NPR, the Museum of Modern Art added the lid to its permanent design collection.
To view Solo cup art, go here. Or watch Toby Keith’s music video “Red Solo Cup” below:
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017