There have been too many tragic deaths this year and when Robert Leo Hulseman died last week, it was almost overlooked by the news media. Hulseman was the inventor of the iconic red Solo cup, found at every picnic, kegger, and high school football game fence.
He died at the age of 84 at his Illinois home of health complications following a series of strokes, reports USA Today.
Hulseman developed the cup sometime in the 1970s and, later, he and a friend came up with the traveler coffee cup lid. According to NPR, the Museum of Modern Art added the lid to its permanent design collection.
To view Solo cup art, go here. Or watch Toby Keith’s music video “Red Solo Cup” below:
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017