Houston’s Orange Show Center for Visionary Art is commissioning site-specific works of 2D & 3D mosaic art at Smither Park, its newest outdoor art project. The call is open to all artists/artist teams residing in the state of Texas with experience in the design, fabrication, and installation of mosaic art.
The Orange Show recruited artist Dan Phillips several years ago to be the southeast side park’s lead designer, but the park is not quite finished. There is now a call for entries for eight commissions (sites below) ranging from $3,000 to $25,000. Interested? Get on it NOW—the deadline for proposals is midnight tomorrow!
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017