Houston’s Orange Show Center for Visionary Art is commissioning site-specific works of 2D & 3D mosaic art at Smither Park, its newest outdoor art project. The call is open to all artists/artist teams residing in the state of Texas with experience in the design, fabrication, and installation of mosaic art.
The Orange Show recruited artist Dan Phillips several years ago to be the southeast side park’s lead designer, but the park is not quite finished. There is now a call for entries for eight commissions (sites below) ranging from $3,000 to $25,000. Interested? Get on it NOW—the deadline for proposals is midnight tomorrow!
also by Paula Newton
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017