Houston’s Orange Show Center for Visionary Art is commissioning site-specific works of 2D & 3D mosaic art at Smither Park, its newest outdoor art project. The call is open to all artists/artist teams residing in the state of Texas with experience in the design, fabrication, and installation of mosaic art.
The Orange Show recruited artist Dan Phillips several years ago to be the southeast side park’s lead designer, but the park is not quite finished. There is now a call for entries for eight commissions (sites below) ranging from $3,000 to $25,000. Interested? Get on it NOW—the deadline for proposals is midnight tomorrow!
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017