Houston’s Orange Show Center for Visionary Art is commissioning site-specific works of 2D & 3D mosaic art at Smither Park, its newest outdoor art project. The call is open to all artists/artist teams residing in the state of Texas with experience in the design, fabrication, and installation of mosaic art.
The Orange Show recruited artist Dan Phillips several years ago to be the southeast side park’s lead designer, but the park is not quite finished. There is now a call for entries for eight commissions (sites below) ranging from $3,000 to $25,000. Interested? Get on it NOW—the deadline for proposals is midnight tomorrow!
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017